Attention sports teams, cheer squads and local groups: We need you! Schools, community groups, church groups, charities or clubs are invited to compete in the MK Marathon Cheering Competition! We are looking for Cheer Groups to line the course between Mile 18 and 26 of the MK Marathon to encourage participants in the last miles of the race. Costumes and themes are optional, but smiles and enthusiasm are required. Groups participating not only support our runner’s amazing efforts, but are also cheering to earn money for their team! Groups could win prizes from £100 – £250!
If interested, sign up ASAP to reserve your spot along the marathon course. Locations are selected on a first come, first serve basis. Print the application below and submit it to: email@example.com
Cheer Group Competition Guidelines
- Teams are required to be at their designated location ready to cheer prior to the start time provided by the MK Marathon Coordinator.
- Participants must provide their own transportation to the race site.
- Participants are responsible for their own water and snacks.
- An adult must be present at the competition site at all times.
- Any participant or spectator displaying non-sportsman like behavior before, during or after the competition may cause the team to be disqualified.
- Teams are encouraged to pick a theme for their cheer stations and dress in costumes!
- All teams will be judged on their overall spirit and creativity. BE CREATIVE! You can use chalk (where appropriate), banners/signs, pom poms, music, etc. Wear crazy costumes, bring plastic guitars, paint your faces…
- Judges will be scattered throughout the race.
- We will also have designated runners who will be judging each team.
- Cash prizes for the Top 3 teams (1st: £250, 2nd: £150 and 3rd: £100!).
- We will announce the winners the week following the event.