Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enter?
- What is the age limit?
- How long is the course?
- Can I transfer my place onto someone else?
- I’m injured and can’t run, can I have a refund?
- When do entries close?
- Will I be able to update my details if I change address before the event?
- Will there be chip timing?
- When and where does the race start?
- What is the date for the 2013 race?
- Will there be a place for me to leave my bags?
- Can I enter on the race day?
- How long will the course stay open for?
- What medical coverage will be provided?
- Which charities does the Milton Keynes Marathon support?
- Can I run in fancy dress?
- Can I use my iPod or MP3 player on the day?
- Where can I find advice on training?
- Will I receive a medal?
- Will there be any refreshments available before or after the race?
- Will there be a designated area for runners to meet their friends and family afterwards?
- What refreshments are provided en route?
- I don’t live in the UK. Can I still enter?
- Is there sports massage available at the finish?
1. How do I enter?
Entry will be online only via the safe Active Networks portal [ HERE ]. You cannot enter over the phone or through the post.
2. What is the age limit?
You must be at least 18 years old on Bank Holiday Monday 5 May 2014.
3. How long is the course?
The Milton Keynes Marathon course has been accurately measured and is 26.2 miles long.
4. Can I transfer my place onto someone else?
Yes, transfers for the 2013 MK Marathon are open until 1st April 2014. You will need to log back into your registration and update ALL of the details to the new runner. No transfers can take place after 1st April 2014 – no exceptions.
5. I’m injured and can’t run, can I have a refund?
Unfortunately we cannot offer any refunds or transfer places to next year. There are a great deal of costs involved in staging an event of this proportion, such as paying for staffing, infrastructure, road closures, hydration and medical cover, all of which aren’t recoverable.
6. When do entries close?
There will be a strict limit of 6,000 runners and entries will automatically close when the race is full.
7. Will I be able to update my details if I change address before the event?
Yes, you will be able to log into the Active Networks portal and change your details at any time until 1st April 2014.
8. Will there be chip timing?
Yes, you will receive your chip in your race pack. Remember: no chip, no time. The timing chip is disposable and doesn’t need to be returned after the race, or if you are unable to run.
9. When and where does the race start?
The race start is at 10am at the stadiummk, Stadium Way, Milton Keynes, MK1 1ST. stadiummk will be open to runners from 8am race day morning.
10. What is the date for the 2014 race?
Bank Holiday Monday 5th May 2014.
11. Will there be a place for me to leave my bags?
Yes, there will be a baggage storage area for runners. Please attach the label showing your race number securely and visibly to your bag. You will need your running number to collect your bag after the race. More information will be in the race pack.
12. Can I enter on the race day?
No, entry is in advance online only.
13. How long will the course stay open for?
The time limit for the race is six and a half hours [ 6.5 ]. We cannot guarantee that marshals, medical cover, drinks stations and road closures will be in place after this. The stadium MK will close at 5pm. See Race Cut Off Times & Bus.
14. What medical coverage will be provided?
Comprehensive medical cover will be provided by St Johns Ambulance in accordance with England Athletics guidelines. However, if you feel unwell on the day or you’ve been ill during the previous week, we recommend that you don’t participate in the run.
15. Which charities does the Milton Keynes Marathon support?
We are working hard to raise as much money as possible for the charities listed on our Run For Charity page. However you can raise money for any charity you like.
16. Can I run in fancy dress?
Yes, we would love to see people in fancy dress out on the course, but do practise in your costume before race day, you may find it hot or uncomfortable to run in. The Citizen will be looking for the best fancy dress so you might get your picture in the paper.
17. Can I use my iPod or MP3 player on the day?
We do not recommend the use of personal MP3 players on the course as you need to be aware of other runners and to hear marshals instructions. If you do wear headphones then it’s at your own risk.
18. Where can I find advice on training?
You can get training support at the [ Training Zone section ] on runbritain.com
19. Will I receive a medal?
Yes, all those runners who complete the race will receive a quality commemorative medal.
20. Will there be any refreshments available before or after the race?
All runners will receive a bottle of water after the race. In addition there will be food and drink concessions inside the Stadium MK where refreshments can be purchased before and after the race. There are several permanent fast food outlets outside the Stadium (McDonalds and KFC) .
21. Will there be a designated area for runners to meet their friends and family afterwards?
Yes, there will be meeting points located near the entertainment stage outside the east stand of the stadium, between KFC and Asda.
22. What refreshments are provided en route?
Iceni 330ml sports top water bottles will be available at approximately mile: 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 22.5 and 26
Gatorade Blackcurrent 500ml sports top drinks will be available at approximately mile: 8, 19 and 24
High5 energy gel’s (mixed Citrus Burst & Summer Fruits) *may contain caffeine* will be available at mile 12 and 21
23. I don’t live in the UK. Can I still enter?
Yes, we welcome entrants from overseas. You will need to collect your race pack from the Information Desk on the morning of the race from 8am. The Information Desk will be located on the south end of the stadium concourse near Gate 5.
24. Is there sports massage available at the finish?
Yes, there will be sports massages at the finish. Expect to pay a small charge for this service.