Our multi-award winning marathon is consistently ranked in the top 10 UK marathons, an AIMS/IAAF Grade A certified race, with BARR Gold accreditation for outstanding race management and with an amazing stadium finish. We’re also a qualifying race for the 2021 Abbott WMM Age Group World Championships! Check out how it works here.
The majority of the MK Marathon route is incredibly green and scenic. It includes beautiful parks and lakes, picturesque villages and the canal towpath, and offers a truly spectacular experience for our runners.
MK Marathon wins the Racecheck Bronze Award
2020 RACE DETAILS
- Race Date: Sunday 3rd May 2020
- Start Time: 10:00am
- Start Location: Saxon Street
- Finish Location: Stadium finish
- Course Time Limit: 6.5 Hours
- Age: Must be at least 18 years old on race day
- FAQs: Click Here
- Accurate chip timing
- Personalised running number (for entries before 31 March)
- Race Pack posted two weeks before the event (for entries before 31 March)
- Great bespoke medal
- Finishers technical T-Shirt
- Instant results (and runner tracking)
- Crowd support & entertainment en route
- Plentiful Course Support – Water, Sports Drink and 1st Aid
- Fantastic Race Village Festival at the finish
- Goody bag
- Amazing stadium finish
- …and a fantastic running experience!
- SPECIAL: £44 EA and £46 non-EA until 14th Oct; 11:59 pm
- 20% off expo price
- EARLY: £46 EA and £48 non-EA until 31st Dec; 11:59 pm
- STANDARD: £48 EA and £50 non-EA until 31st Mar; 11:59 pm
- last date for postal race pack
- LATE: £50 EA and £52 non-EA until 15th April; 11:59 pm
- will need to collect the race pack
- EXPO: £55 – subject to availability
License ID: 2020-38412
The MK Marathon starts from one of our fabulous Milton Keynes landmarks, the stadiumMK. The first five miles are on wide roads and tree-lined boulevards, giving runners a chance to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy some enthusiastic spectator support.
The marathon route then continues through picturesque Woughton-on-the-Green and Woolstone parishes, where the half marathoners split from the full marathon course at mile seven.
The marathon runners continue through the original Milton Keynes Village, renowned for it’s picture-postcard thatched cottages and then on to enjoy the beauty of Willen Lake and the tranquility of the Peace Pagoda before looping back to join the meandering and historic grand union canal. The route will then take in St Andrews, a 13th Century church, before passing the Bradwell Windmill, built-in 1810 at around mile 18.
The route continues west to Bancroft where it passes the remains of an ancient Roman Villa. Runners will then head south, following the brook, passing the famous Concrete Cows and then Bradwell Abbey, built in the 14th century.
The route follows the brook further south, through the fertile Loughton Valley Park, passing Lodge Lake and then Teardrop Lakes before heading back for a victory lap of the stadium pitch and that magical stadium finish!
We have a reputation for cool medals, and the 2020 medals will be our best yet! The 2020 designs will be revealed over the coming months, so get moving and register now to bag some cool bling!
Technical Finishers T-Shirt
All finishers will get a cool technical t-shirt. 2020 designs will be announced over the coming months.
Earn Extra Medals
One weekend. Two days of running. Three times the bling!
Runners who participate in both the Rocket 5K on Saturday and the Half, Marathon or Relay on Sunday will receive a third medal – the MK Challenge Medal. This image shows the 2019 lineup.