1. Transfers Between Events:
You can transfer between the Marathon and the Half Marathon and visa versa
- Transfers between events can be made up until 10th March 2017 @ 11:59pm
- You will need to log back into your registration to transfer between events
- You will be charged the cost difference between the desired distance’s fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration (no refund if you transfer from the marathon to the half marathon)
- You can not transfer between events after March 10th as race packs will be printed and posted.
- Strictly no transfers on race day. No exceptions.
2. Transfer to another runner:
We allow transfers up until 10th March @ 11:59pm to try and stop unregulated number swapping. Number swapping can cause medical problems on race day and any runner to be found unlawfully swapping their number will be banned from all future races.
- Transfers for the Marathon and Half Marathon can be made up until 10th March 2017 @ 11:59pm
- After this time the numbers and envelopes will be printed and cannot be changed.
- You will need to log back into your registration to transfer your place to a new runner.
- Once the new runner has registered, signed the waiver and paid the entry price the original entrant will receive a refund
- There is no charge for making a transfer.
- No transfers can take place after 10th March – no exceptions.
If you have purchased a place in the Marathon or Half Marathon 2017 but find yourself no longer able to take part due to illness, injury or some other unforeseen circumstance, you have the option to defer your entry to the 2018 event.
A deferred entry will guarantee you a place in the Marathon or Half Marathon 2018 with a 20% discount on the entry fee. In order to defer your entry you must complete the deferral request form by 28th April 2017 @ 11:59pm . The deferral process guarantees your discounted entry but is NOT automatic. You will receive an email early July 2017 inviting you to enter the Marathon or Half Marathon 2018 event with a deferral discount code. You must register using the link and you must complete this before 30th September 2017.
Please read our deferral policy below prior to completing the deferral request form. You will still receive your Race Pack if you entered before 31st March, unless you gave us written approval to cancel your place.
Charity entries may not defer using this form – if you can no longer take part and are registered through a charity, please contact them directly.
The deadline for deferral is 28th April 2017 @ 11:59.
DEFERRALS ARE NOW CLOSED
Deferral Policy 2017
If you are a Marathon or Half Marathon 2017 entrant who is unable to run, you have the option to defer your entry.
Please Note: If you defer your entry you will be given a guaranteed place in the Marathon or Half Marathon 2018 (date TBC), provided you complete the 2017 registration by 30th September 2017 and pay the relevant entry fee.
- To defer your entry you will need your Marathon or Half Marathon 2017 Registration ID and you must complete the online Deferral Request before 28th April 2017 @ 11:59pm. Any attempt at deferment after this time will not be considered and there will be no extensions to this date under any circumstance.
- You MUST enter before midnight, 30th September 2017 – failure to do so will result in loss of entry. You will receive an entry invitation via email only and specific to your deferral request, to be used only by you. This will give you 20% discount on the current price of entry at the time of your registration. If you do not receive your email with your deferral invite please contact us as soon as possible (no later than 30th September 2017) using our contact form. Any request after the deadline will not be considered and will result in loss of entry.
- Your 2017 deferral to the Marathon or Half Marathon 2018 will be compared to the 2017 results to confirm your non-participation in the event.
- You can only defer your place once.
- You cannot defer your entry if you have entered through a charity – please contact your charity directly if you are no longer able to participate in the 2016 event.
- You cannot defer your entry if you had a free place in 2017.
- The deadline for completing the deferral request form is 28th April 2017 @ 11:59pm.
Back To Top
If you have any questions or queries regarding the MK Marathon and Supporting Events please refer to our comprehensive Common Questions section of our website or click here