1. Transfers Between Events:
You can transfer between the Marathon and the Half Marathon and visa versa
- Transfers between events can be made up until 31st March @ 11:59pm
- You will need to log back into your registration to transfer between events
- You will be charged the cost difference between the desired distance’s fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration (no refund if you transfer from the marathon to the half marathon)
- You can not transfer between events after March 31st as race packs will be printed and posted.
- Strictly no transfers on race day. No exceptions.
2. Transfer to another runner:
We allow transfers up until 31st March @ 11:59pm to try and stop unregulated number swapping. Number swapping can cause medical problems on race day and any runner to be found unlawfully swapping their number will be banned from all future races.
- Transfers for the Marathon and Half Marathon can be made up until 31st March @ 11:59pm
- After this time the numbers and envelopes will be printed and cannot be changed.
- You will need to log back into your registration to transfer your place to a new runner.
- Once the new runner has registered, signed the waiver and paid the full entry price the original entrant will receive a refund minus £5 admin charge.
- No transfers can take place after 31st March – no exceptions.
3. Booking Protection:
You have the option to Protect your booking with Registration Protection for a small fee. Receive a full refund of the purchase price and processing fee should you be unable to attend the event due to a specified reason, such as:
- Injury or illness
- Vehicle breakdown or theft
- Adverse weather resulting in travel warnings
- Work relocation
- And more
You will be able to select this option at the checkout stage and download the latest coverage details. Registration Protection is provided by Booking Protect Ltd, www.bookingprotect.com and you should contact them directly about your policy and how to claim and not the MK Marathon team.
- A deferred entry will guarantee you a place in the MK Marathon or Half Marathon the following year with a 20% discount.
- The deferral process guarantees your discounted entry but is NOT automatic.
- When you have deferred, you will be sent an invitation after the event to sign up for the following year, which you must complete by the given deadline. Please look out for this email.
- Your 20% discount will apply to the entry price that is offered at the time you sign up.
- Charity runners may not defer using this form – if you can no longer take part and are registered through a charity, please contact them directly.
The deferral link will be available closer to the event.
MK Marathon 2019 Deferral Policy
If you are a MK Marathon or Half Marathon 2019 entrant who is unable to run, you have the option to defer your entry.
Please Note: If you defer your entry you will be given a guaranteed place in the 2020 event provided you complete the 2020 registration by midnight on 14th October 2019 and pay the relevant entry fee.
- To defer your entry, you will need your 2019 MK Marathon Registration ID and you must complete the online Deferral Request form before 5:00pm on Friday 3rd May, 2019. You can get your Registration ID here: myevents.active.com. Any attempt at deferment after this time will not be considered and there will be no extensions to this date under any circumstance.
- You MUST enter before midnight on 14th October 2019 – failure to do so will result in loss of entry. You will receive an entry invitation via email only and specific to your deferral request, to be used only by you. This will give you 20% discount on the price of entry at the time of your 2020 registration.
- Your 2019 deferral to the 2020 MK Marathon will be compared to the 2019 results to confirm your non-participation in the event.
- You cannot defer your entry if you have entered through a charity – please contact your charity directly if you are no longer able to participate in the 2019 event.
- If you do not receive your deferral email in JULY please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com.