Welcome to a new race experience
Introducing the 2020 Rightmove MK Marathon Reimagined, an exciting new race experience.
2020 Rightmove MK Marathon Reimagined is not a virtual race. This is an EA measured and certified race course taking in the beautiful lakes and scenery of Milton Keynes. This self-supported race features advanced timing technology with built-in turn-by-turn voice navigation for round-the-clock service in a two week period from 6 September.
The course is accessible whenever you are ready for your race — any time of the day or night between 6 – 19 September 2020. No weather concerns, no early bus rides, no long waits at the start line… no hassle.
Run your race when it works best for you.
Everyone runs the same course, with real timing and results. Whether you are trying to set your PB or looking for a fresh alternative to a virtual race then why not run the 2020 Rightmove MK Marathon Reimagined.
Anyone who had a place in the September event will be ready to take part in the 2020 Rightmove MK Marathon Reimagined event. We will keep you up-to-date as we get closer to September.
What races will you run?
We also have a traditional ‘Virtual Race’ option for runners who can not travel to Milton Keynes [ HERE ].
How it Works?
Keeping it honest
Download your Race Bib
What races will you run?
This is a unique opportunity to race one, or all of the following events between 6 – 19 September.
- Brioche Superhero Fun Run 2.6km
- Rightmove MK Rocket 5k
- Rightmove MK Turing 10k
- Rightmove MK Half Marathon
- Rightmove MK Marathon
- BMI MK Marathon Relay (team of 4 run approx 10k each)
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON 31 JULY AT MIDNIGHT.
Run the Rocket 5k and either the Turing 10k, half, marathon or relay and earn the MK Challenge medal!
You can check your registration here: https://myevents.active.com/
Finisher technical t-shirts
Marathon and Half Marathon runners will also get a neat waist bag!
For illustration purposes only. Design and colour are subject to change.
How it Works?
1) REGISTER FOR YOUR RACE/S
- Already signed up for September? Then you’re ready to go, but why not enter multiple events?
- If you haven’t registered yet, then you can enter one or more of the distances that you want to race.
- Our race experience is covered by England Athletics race rules and insurance.
- You must race the actual course between 6 – 19 September.
- Registration will close on 31st July at midnight.
2) COLLECT YOUR GOODIES
- You will be able to collect your goodies during September from a location in Milton Keynes (details and times to be announced).
- It’s entirely up to you whether you collect your goodies before or after your race/s.
- Any packs not collected during September will be posted out in October.
3) DOWNLOAD THE RACE APP
- The Race App will be available for download from mid-August.
- We will email all entrants with the download links and details.
- Familiarise yourself with the App and your race routes.
- You can also load the course GPX to your Garmin, etc. devices.
- We will provide a short warm-up test loop for you to try before you tackle your race.
4) TURN UP AND RACE
- All race routes will start from Willen Lake in Milton Keynes, MK15 0DS.
- There is plenty of parking near the start (pay on departure)
- You can run your race anytime between 6 -19 September 2020.
- Please follow any social distancing rules in place at the time you race.
- You must run with your smartphone.
- Get to the exact start location.
- Launch the App and start when you are ready.
- The App will give you turn-by-turn voice navigation as well as motivation and points of interest.
- You must stop the App when you have completed the distance.
- Verify your details and upload your results from the App.
5) GET RESULTS
- The results will be approved and uploaded to our website daily.
- You will be able to view the leader board on our website.
- Winner and Age Category prizes will be posted from early October.
KEEPING IT HONEST
Although our races are self-supported, they are EA certified races on measured and certified courses. You must stick to the race route and not cut any corners. Your GPS route data will be checked and approved before updating to the leader board and anyone found cheating will be disqualified. Please keep it honest.
You can check out our scenic EA measured and certified race routes here: www.mkmarathon.com/race-routes
Download your Race Bib
- Rightmove MK Marathon Race Bib [ HERE ]
- Rightmove MK Half Marathon Race Bib [ HERE ]
- BMI MK Marathon Relay Race Bib [ HERE ]
- Rightmove MK Turing 10k Race Bib [ HERE ]
- Rightmove MK Rocket 5k Race Bib [ HERE ]
- Brioche Superhero Fun Run Race Bib [ HERE ]
The MK Marathon Weekend complies with UK Athletics rules:
- This race will be held under UK Athletics Rules.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old on race day to run the Marathon, at least 17 years old on race day to run the Half Marathon, at least 17 years old on race day to run the Marathon Relay, at least 15 years old on race day to run the 10K, and at least 13 years old on race day to run the 5K. No age restriction for the Superhero Fun Run.
- Participants must run between 6 – 19 September.
- Any participant uncertain of their physical ability to participate in the Event should seek medical advice from a GP before the Event.
- No aids, such as skate rolling shoes, baby launchers, line blades, Nordic sticks, bicycles are allowed.
- This event is not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Participants must inform someone of where they are going and check in with them on their return.
- Participants must carry an ICE (in case of an emergency) card with their details.
- Participants participate in their own initiative and by entering you agree that no claims can be made against the Event organisers, and any party acting on its behalf.
- Participants must carry a charged mobile phone with location services enabled.
- Participants must follow the instructions in the race app.
- Participants must respect other users of the redways and public paths.
- Participants must maintain any government social distancing rules in place at the time of the race
- Participants must not drop any litter.
- Participants must cross roads safely.
- If a participant leaves the race route for any reason they must reenter at the same point at which they exited.
- The entire course must be covered regardless of any extra mileage added on by missed turns.
- The course has been officially measured taking the shortest route without cutting corners or going on to the grass verges. You must not cut corners.
- The Event Race Director reserves, at his absolute discretion, the right to modify, attach or omit all of the Official Rules.
- Participants will be bound by any adjustment or annex of the Official Rules issued prior to the Event.
- Participants may wear headphones at their own risk.
- Participants may enter multiple distances. The entry will close on 31 July at midnight. No exceptions.
- Participants may transfer their place to another runner or event before 31 July at midnight. No exceptions.
- Participants may defer their place to May 2021 before 31 July at midnight. No exceptions.
- Failure to follow these Official Rules can result in a ban and the loss of any prizes.
- Your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act.
- No refunds under any circumstances.