The MK Marathon Relay is sponsored by BMI The Saxon Clinic.
The Marathon Relay runs alongside the Milton Keynes Marathon event, pitting teams of four runners (adults only 17+) against each other, each competitor running a leg of approximately 10k.
The relay event is open to businesses, charities, clubs or even groups of friends and is characterised by a strong element of friendly competition as teams compete to be seen as the fittest or the fastest. These titles represent not only an enviable PR title, but also bragging rights that last for a full year.
This opportunity does not come around every day and is something not to be missed. Teams either take it in turns to drive or nominate a team driver. Full instructions and maps will be sent to each team before race day. Each team is expected to move around the course in one vehicle either with a dedicated team driver or by sharing the driving.
Race Day: Sunday 6 September 2020
Start time: With the full Marathon @ 10:00am
- 1st all Male Team (based on gun time)
- 1st all Female Team (based on gun time)
- 1st Mixed Team – at least 1 male or female (based on gun time)
- Awards will take place on the main stage at 2:10 pm
Course Record: 4 x £100 prize fund for the fastest relay team who can beat the current course record.
Please note all competition times will be based on your Gun time and not your Chip time.
Running Number & Relay Baton
- Nothing is posted out for the Marathon Relay however you will receive full instructions by email before the event
- You will need to pick up your running number & relay baton in Bar 3 (use gate 6A) from 8 am.
- No online Team Name or Team changes can be made after 14 August @ Midnight so that we can prepare entry sheets, however you can make team changes on the day.
- We will provide safety pins.
- You will receive a full briefing at 9:15 am on race day
- NUMBER PICKUP: Bar 3, (use gate 6A) StadiumMK, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK1 1ST
Team Entry: You will nominate a Team Captain who organises the initial entry “Relay Team Captain” and payment of the team entry fee. They will need to create a password and give this to the other team members so they can register under “Relay Team Entrant”. Team members can transfer their place to another runner up until 14 August at midbight. Changes after the deadline will need to be made on race day. If you enter more than one team then each team will need a different Team Captain and unique email address.
- Hospitality area in the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel, Stadium MK
- Accurate chip timing (timing chip will be inside the team baton)
- Team name on running numbers
- Great bespoke medal for each team member
- Instant results (and runner tracking)
- Free parking close to the stadium (one per team)
- Crowd support & entertainment
- Plentiful Course Support – Water, Sports Drink, High5 Gels & 1st Aid
- Technical Finishers T-Shirt per runner
- …and a fantastic running experience!
- the relay is now sold out
- team numbers and baton are to be collected on race day
License ID: 2020-38412
The Saxon Clinic is immensely proud to be sponsoring the MK Marathon Relay for the 5th year running. Executive Director of The Hospital, Moira Stokoe says “The marathon is such a huge and popular event that is becoming as synonymous with Milton Keynes as the cows which feature on its medals. We are delighted to have the opportunity to continue to support such a fantastic community event which promotes healthy living, mental wellbeing, team effort and unity; all of which are values and ethos that we very much believe in and practice”.
BMI The Saxon Clinic is ideally positioned in Milton Keynes on Chadwick Drive. The 37 bed Hospital provides inpatient, outpatient and day-case treatment in a clean and safe environment with direct access to Specialist Consultants covering over 33 specialties, as well as Physiotherapy, Health Screening and Private GP services. The Saxon Clinic prides itself on its high of standards of care and was delighted to announce at the end of 2019, following an in-depth inspection by independent regulator of all health and social care services, the Care Quality Commission, that the Hospital was awarded a ‘Good’ rating for being effective, caring, responsive, well-led and safe.
Our hospital provides treatment for NHS patients, those with insurance and those who wish to pay for themselves. There are numerous finance options available* and with appointment usuallys available within 48 hours, accessing specialist advice and treatment can be easier and quicker than you think.
For more information please call 01908 665533 or you can visit our website: www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/hospitals/bmi-the-saxon-clinic
*Terms and conditions apply. See website for details:https://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/paying-for-treatment
Relay Race Route
We’re blessed with a tremendous amount of natural beauty in Milton Keynes. We’re also lucky to have a world-class system of cycle paths. We do our best to take advantage of those factors to give our runners a course that’s interesting, inspiring, fun to run, fast and different from other marathons. The course has been the same since 2016.
“A Brilliant Day. The Banter between teams and relay points was lovely”
“Great to have the opportunity to work as a team in a completely different way! Really lovely medal!”
“Well organised and a fun, friendly event. The people of MK were fantastic coming out and cheering us on. And the sun was even shining too!”
“Great experience – enjoyed running with friends. Great community support, interesting route, good support facilities, great atmosphere, and fun to finish in the stadium!”
RUN AS A TEAM to earn this VE Day 75 inspired medal! 🏅
“It is wonderful what great strides can be made when there is a resolute purpose behind them.” – Winston Churchill
BMI MK Marathon Relay technical finisher t-shirts for 2020, including ladies sizes!
Earn Extra Medals
One weekend. Two days of running. Three times the bling!
Runners who participate in both the Rocket 5K on Saturday and the Half, Marathon, 10K or Relay on Sunday will receive a third medal – the MK Challenge Medal.
Raise Money For Charity
In addition to the regular training that you will need to do to complete your leg of the relay event, we’re asking all our relay teams to raise some money for their favorite charity.
- Results 2012
- Results 2013
- Results 2014
- Results 2015
- Results 2016
- Results 2017
- Results 2018
- Results 2019
Winning Teams 2016: 1st place Milton Buzzards in 2:36:09 [ new relay course record ], 2nd place Redway Running and 3rd place Team Grant Thornton.
- 2012 Winners: Motor Insurer’s Bureau – Team 5 – 3:25:01
- 2013 Winners: Network Rail ‘A Couple of Peanuts’ – 02:58:08
- 2014 Winners: Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors Team 1 – 3:37:45
- 2015 Winners: Team Redway Runners – 2:49:50
- 2016 Winners: Milton Buzzards – 2:36:09 [ new relay course record ]
- 2017 Winners: SASSquatch – 2:53:20
- 2018 Winners: Kth Track Whippets – 2:56:27
- 2019 Winners: Norfolk N Chance – 2:45:11