EXCELLENT TEAM EVENT
The Marathon Relay takes place on the same day as the Milton Keynes Marathon event, pitting teams of four runners (adults only 17+) against each other, each competitor running a leg of approximately 10km.
The relay event is open to businesses, charities, clubs, or even groups of friends and is characterised by a strong element of friendly competition as teams compete to be seen as the fittest or the fastest. These titles represent not only an enviable PR title but also bragging rights that last for a full year.
This opportunity does not come around every day and is something not to be missed. Race bibs will need to be collected by the Team Captain on the morning of the race.
Team changes can be made online up until the 21st of April at midnight. Please email us if you need us to cancel a team member to allow you to recruit someone else. You can then report any further team changes to the Relay HQ on race day. Team members can run in any order, but the team bibs must be used in sequence A, B, C then D.
- Race Day: Bank Holiday Monday 6 May 2024
- Venue: Stadium:MK
- Start Time: 10:00
- Parking: Your team will receive one free relay team parking space
- Course Time Limit: 6.5 Hours
- Age: Must be at least 17 years old on race day
- Race Packs: To be collected by the Team Captain on race day
- FAQ’s: Click Here
- Team entry Limit: 100
- EA Licence Number: 2023-44782
- Accurate chip timing
- Personalised team running number
- Great bespoke medal
- Finishers tech tee you will wear again
- Instant results (and runner tracking)
- Crowd support & entertainment en route
- Plentiful Course Support – Water, High5 Gels, Sports Drink, and 1st Aid
- Goody bag
- Amazing stadium finish
- …and a fantastic running experience!
- 1 JULY: £110
- 1 NOV: £120
- 20 DEC: £130
- 1 MAR: £140
- Price includes VAT @ 20%
- Price excludes Active booking fee of 4.68%
You will nominate a Team Captain who organises the initial entry “Relay Team Captain” and payment of the team entry fee. They will need to create a password and give this to the other team members so they can register under “Relay Team Entrant”. Team Captains should notify us of any team changes before the 21st of April. Simply email us with details of the runner pulling out and we will cancel their place so that another runner can enter. If you enter more than one team then each team will need a different Team Captain and unique email address.
- 1st all Male Team (one award per team)
- 1st all Female Team (one award per team)
- 1st Mixed Team – at least 1 male or female (one award per team)
- Winning times will be based on gun time
- Awards will be presented at 13:45
Please note all competition times will be based on your gun time.
We’re blessed with a tremendous amount of natural beauty in Milton Keynes, and we’re also lucky to have a world-class system of cycle paths known as redways. We do our best to take advantage of those factors to give our runners a course that is scenic, interesting, inspiring, fun to run, fast, and different from other marathons.
Route subject to change
MEDAL & TEE
2024 designs will be released closer to the event
EARN EXTRA MEDALS
One weekend. Two days of running. Three times the bling!
Runners who participate in both the Sunday Rocket 5K and the Marathon, Half, or Relay on Bank Holiday Monday will receive a third medal – the MK Challenge Medal🏅
RAISE MONEY FOR CHARITY
In addition to the regular training that you will need to do to complete your leg of the relay event, we’re asking all our relay teams to raise some money for their favorite charity.
Winning Teams 2016: 1st place Milton Buzzards in 2:36:09 [ relay course record ], 2nd place Redway Running and 3rd place Team Grant Thornton.