Our multi-award winning marathon event is consistently ranked in the top 10 UK marathons, an AIMS/IAAF Grade A certified race, with BARR Gold accreditation for outstanding race management and with an amazing stadium finish. We’re also a qualifying race for the 2021 Abbott WMM Age Group World Championships! Check out how it works here.
The majority of the MK Marathon route is incredibly green and scenic. It includes beautiful parks and lakes, picturesque villages, and the canal towpath, and offers a truly spectacular experience for our runners.
MK Marathon wins the Racecheck Bronze Award
2020 RACE DETAILS
- Race Date: Sunday 6 September 2020
- Start Time: 10:00am
- Start Location: Saxon Street
- Finish Location: Stadium finish
- Course Time Limit: 6.5 Hours
- Age: 18 years +
Not able to join us in September? Why not take part virtually instead, and earn yourself a great medal and t-shirt. Full details can be found here: https://mkmarathon.com/virtual-race/
- Accurate chip timing
- Personalised running number (for entries before 31 July)
- Race Pack posted two weeks before the event (for entries before 31 July)
- Great bespoke medal
- Finishers technical T-Shirt
- Instant results (and runner tracking)
- Crowd support & entertainment en route
- Plentiful Course Support – Water, Sports Drink and 1st Aid
- Fantastic Race Village Festival at the finish
- Goody bag
- Amazing stadium finish
- …and a fantastic running experience!
- EARLY: £46 EA and £48 non-EA until 31st Dec; 11:59 pm
- STANDARD: £48 EA and £50 non-EA until 31st Jul; 11:59 pm
- last date for postal race pack
- LATE: £50 EA and £52 non-EA until 14th August; 11:59 pm
- will need to collect the race pack
- EXPO: £55 – Any remaining places will be sold at the Expo on 3rd and 4th September (subject to availability)
License ID: 2020-38412
The MK Marathon starts from one of our fabulous Milton Keynes landmarks, the stadiumMK. The first five miles are on wide roads and tree-lined boulevards, giving runners a chance to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy some enthusiastic spectator support.
The marathon route then continues through picturesque Woughton-on-the-Green and Woolstone parishes, where the half marathoners split from the full marathon course at mile seven.
The marathon runners continue through the original Milton Keynes Village, renowned for it’s picture-postcard thatched cottages and then on to enjoy the beauty of Willen Lake and the tranquility of the Peace Pagoda before looping back to join the meandering and historic grand union canal. The route will then take in St Andrews, a 13 Century church, before passing the Bradwell Windmill, built-in 1810 at around mile 18.
The route continues west to Bancroft where it passes the remains of an ancient Roman Villa. Runners will then head south, following the brook, passing the famous Concrete Cows and then Bradwell Abbey, built in the 14th century.
The route follows the brook further south, through the fertile Loughton Valley Park, passing Lodge Lake and then Teardrop Lakes before heading back for a victory lap of the stadium pitch and that magical stadium finish!
The presentation of the race awards will take place at 14:00 on the stage in the Race Village. Awards for: First 3 Men and First 3 Ladies.
Check out our cool VE Day 75th Anniversary inspired medal! 🏅
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
Rightmove MK Marathon Weekend technical finisher t-shirts for 2020, including lady’s sizes.
Earn Extra Medals
One weekend. Two days of running. Three times the bling!
Runners who participate in both the Rocket 5K on Saturday and the Half, Marathon, 10K or Relay on Sunday will receive a third medal – the MK Challenge Medal.