Share your training highs for the chance to win a #MyMarathonMoment prize
Organisers behind the Rightmove Milton Keynes Marathon Weekend have launched an exciting competition to showcase the beauty of Milton Keynes and other cities to the world of running!
The 12,000 participants are being asked to post photos of their training runs on social media, using #MyMarathonMoment to document the sights and scenery they come across when out clocking up the miles. All entries will be entered into a competition, with the best photos winning a prize, including a night stay at the Holiday Inn in Central Milton Keynes, plus a meal for two in the hotel’s brand-new Marco Pierre White restaurant.
The Milton Keynes Marathon Weekend has become one of the city’s biggest community events, attracting athletes from across the world. So, whether you’re a Milton Keynesian pounding the pavements near the Peace Pagoda, an out-of-town Londoner leaping past the London Eye, or an overseas New Yorker galloping past Grand Central Station … it’s time to get snap happy as you train for the Milton Keynes Marathon Weekend!
The full prizes for the first, second and third-place entries will include the MK Marathon Hoodie, Technical T-Shirts and other goodies.
Race organiser and founder Andy Hully said: “It doesn’t matter which race you’re taking part in, we just want to see what your training experience looks like! We’ve created a competition that will take our MK Marathon community online to share photos that will hopefully help inspire other runners. It will also highlight just how beautiful Milton Keynes is, as well as how far people are prepared to come to take part in our brilliant event!”
To enter, simply post your picture on social media, like/follow Milton Keynes Marathon and use the hashtag #MyMarathonMoment
This year’s Marathon will start and finish at Stadium MK, with the route passing spectacular sites including Willen Lake, the historic Linford Manor, and Bradwell Windmill. The event has become so big that it will even have its own live concert in the Rightmove Race Village, as well as plenty of family activities.
Now in its eighth year, the MK Marathon Weekend includes the Milton Keynes Marathon, Half Marathon, Team Marathon Relay, 5k Rocket Run and the Superhero Fun Run. The inclusive event is not just for the super fit, but is for anyone who wants to set themselves a personal or fundraising challenge.
The Milton Keynes Marathon organisers work with Nick Anderson a UKA level 4 endurance coach to give you fitness advice including a face-to-face clinic in February, and team up with local clubs such as the Redway Runners, where people of all abilities can meet up and run together.
Head to www.mkmarathon.com to sign up or to access tips, advice, inspirational videos, testimonials, a map of the route, information about what to expect on the day and what runners will see, and more.
Terms and conditions: #MyMarathonMoment Competition
1. The giveaway is open to all UK residents aged 18 years and over (unless stated otherwise in these T&C’s) with a UK postal address.
2. The prizes are provided by The Holiday Inn Milton Keynes and Marcos Milton Keynes.
3. Promoter of the giveaway is the MK Marathon.
4. The prize is a one-night stay for up to two people in either a twin or double room at The Holiday Inn Milton Keynes (subject to availability) and a three-course meal with a welcome drink for two at the hotel’s restaurant, Marco’s by Marco Pierre White. Both the hotel stay, and the meal must be redeemed by the 31st December 2019, however the meal and hotel stay do not have to be claimed on the same date.
5. This giveaway is not open to employees of the MK Marathon, The Holiday Inn Milton Keynes, Marcos Milton Keynes or anyone professionally connected with the giveaway.
6. The competition will open on Friday 22 February and closes on Friday 22 March at midnight.
7. To enter, follow MK Marathon on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, post a picture of your marathon moment on social media, tag MK Marathon in the post and use the tag #MyMarathonMoment.
8. MK Marathon will choose their one favourite image from all valid entries as the winner.
9. If there is no response from the chosen winner within five working days, MK Marathon reserves the right to redraw a winner and re-award the relevant prize.
10. One entry per person. No purchase is necessary.
11. Any costs associated with claiming the prize, including travel, are the responsibility of the winner.
12. The winner agrees to participate in any and all advertising, promotion or other commercial activities relating to the prize draw and consents and agrees that their photograph, image, likeness and voice may be used by MK Marathon in all related promotional activity without any rights of prior approval or inspection. This may also involve participating in any media interviews or photo opportunities with regional and/or national press
13. The Prize is not transferable, and no cash alternative will be offered.
14. MK Marathon reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it deems, at its sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the giveaway, and any prize if awarded must be returned immediately.
15. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions. The winner agrees that the cost of and the responsibility for complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by the winner. We reserve the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value. Further, we reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the giveaway (including altering the Prize) by changing these terms and conditions. No communications will be entered into by us regarding this.
16. MK Marathon cannot accept any liability for any entries which are late, lost or incomplete.
17. No bulk, third party or trade entries accepted.
18. Entry into the giveaway constitutes acceptance of the above terms and conditions.
19. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will automatically render a prize draw entry void. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law.
20. All entrants’ data will be used solely for the purpose of contacting the winner.