Unable to join us in May, then your entry is protected. That’s a promise.
1. Transfers Between Events:
You have the flexibility to change your booking to another distance or a virtual event of your choosing without incurring a fee. Changes can be made up until 31st March at midnight.
- Transfers between events can be made up until 31st March @ midnight
- You will need to log back into your registration to transfer between events
- You will be charged the cost difference between the desired distance’s fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration (no refund if you transfer to a shorter distance)
- You can not transfer between events after March 31st as race packs will be printed and posted.
- Strictly no transfers on race day. No exceptions.
2. Transfer to another runner:
Plan ahead with confidence, knowing that if your plans do change then you can transfer your place to a friend or family member without incurring a fee. Changes can be made up until 31st March at midnight.
- Transfer your place up until 31st March @ midnight
- After this date the numbers and envelopes will be printed and cannot be changed (see deferral option below).
- You will need to log back into your registration to transfer your place to a new runner.
- Once the new runner has registered, signed the waiver, and paid the full entry price the original entrant will receive a refund minus the booking fee.
- No transfers can take place after 31st March – no exceptions.
3. Booking Protection:
You have the option to Protect your booking with Registration Protection for a small fee. Receive a full refund of the purchase price and processing fee should you be unable to attend the event due to a specified reason, such as:
- Injury or illness
- Vehicle breakdown or theft
- Adverse weather resulting in travel warnings
- Work relocation
You will be able to select this option at the checkout stage and download the latest coverage details. Registration Protection is provided by Booking Protect Ltd, www.bookingprotect.com and you should contact them directly about your policy and how to claim and not the MK Marathon team.
Please note that if you took out insurance and have deferred your place to 2021 then the insurance will not be valid anymore. refund.active.com/termsandconditions
If you purchased a general entry into the 2021 marathon or half marathon and find yourself no longer able to take part due to illness, injury, or some other unforeseen circumstance, you have the option to defer your entry to the following year.
Return your race number to us before race day and complete an online form before 1st May at midnight and we will send you a deferral link to the 2022 event, including a 25% discount off the early bird registration.
- Please note that we do not offer refunds or deferrals for the relay, 5k or fun run.
- No deferrals received after 1st May will be accepted – no exceptions.
- The deferral link will be published in April 2021.
- Discount code must be used before the end of August.
You must not give your running number to anyone else. Amongst other potential problems, doing so may cause problems with runner identification for the event medical services, in the case of an accident or injury. Any attempt to do so will result in immediate disqualification of the individual(s) concerned and removal from the event.