1. Transfers Between Events:
You have the flexibility to change your booking to another distance, subject to availability.
- Transfers between events can be made up until 31st March @ midnight
- You will need to log back into your registration and select ‘CHANGE CATEGORY’ to transfer between events
- You will be charged the cost difference between the desired distance’s fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration (no refund if you transfer to a shorter distance)
- You can not transfer between events after 31st March as race packs will be printed and posted.
- Strictly no transfers on race day. No exceptions.
2. Transfer to another runner:
Plan ahead with confidence, knowing that if your plans do change then you can transfer your place to a friend or family member.
- Transfer your place up until 31st March @ midnight
- The transfer is like for like and can not be transferred to a different distance/event.
- After this date, the numbers and envelopes will be printed and cannot be changed (see deferral option below).
- You will need to log back into your registration and select ‘TRANSFER REGISTRATION‘ to transfer your place to another runner.
- Once the new runner has registered, signed the waiver, and paid the CURRENT entry price the original entrant will receive a refund of the original entry fee minus the £10 transfer fee, and the booking fee.
- No transfers can take place after 31st March – no exceptions.
3. Booking Protection:
You have the option to protect your booking with Active Protect for a small fee. Receive a full refund of the purchase price and processing fee should you be unable to attend the event due to a specified reason, such as:
- Injury or illness
- Vehicle breakdown or theft
- Adverse weather resulting in travel warnings
- Work relocation
Please note that cover is void if the event is canceled or postponed. You will be able to select this option at the checkout stage and download the latest coverage details. Registration protection is provided by Active.com, and you should contact them directly about your policy and how to claim. This insurance policy is not offered or sold by the MK Marathon and is an agreement between yourself and Active.com.
If you purchased a general entry into the MK Marathon or Half Marathon but find yourself no longer able to take part due to illness, injury, or some other unforeseen circumstance, you have the option to defer your entry to the following year.
- A deferred entry will guarantee you a place in the MK Marathon or Half Marathon the following year with a 20% discount.
- The deferral process guarantees your discounted entry but is NOT automatic.
- When you have deferred, you will be sent an invitation after the 2022 event to sign up for 2023, which you must complete by the given deadline. Please look out for this email.
- Your 20% discount will apply to the entry price that is offered at the time you sign up.
- Charity runners may not defer using this form – if you can no longer take part and are registered through a charity, please contact them directly.
- We do not offer deferrals for any other events.
MK Marathon 2022 Deferral Policy
If you are an MK Marathon or Half Marathon, 2022 entrant who is unable to run on Bank Holiday Monday 2nd May, you have the option to defer your entry.
Please Note: If you defer your entry you will be given a guaranteed place in the 2023 event provided you complete the registration by the end of September 2022 and pay the relevant entry fee.
- To defer your entry, you will need your 2022 MK Marathon Registration ID and you must complete the online Deferral Request form before 5:00pm on Friday 29th April, 2022. You can get your Registration ID here: myevents.active.com. Any attempt at deferment after this time will not be considered and there will be no extensions to this date under any circumstance.
- You MUST enter before the date of midnight, Friday 30th September 2022 – failure to do so will result in loss of entry. You will receive an entry invitation via email only and specific to your deferral request, to be used only by you. This will give you 20% discount on the price of entry at the time of your 2023 registration.
- Your 2022 deferral to the 2023 MK Marathon will be compared to the 2022 results to confirm your non-participation in the event.
- You cannot defer your entry if you have entered through a charity – please contact your charity directly if you are no longer able to participate in the 2022 event.
- If you do not receive your deferral email in JULY please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com.
The DEFERRAL link will be available here in early April 2022
You must not give your running number to anyone else. Amongst other potential problems, doing so may cause problems with runner identification for the event medical services, in the case of an accident or injury. Any attempt to do so will result in immediate disqualification of the individual(s) concerned and removal from the event.