1. Defer to 2021:
- You can defer FREE OF CHARGE up until 31 July at midnight.
- You will need to log back into your registration and select ‘CHANGE EVENT‘.
- Then select ‘MK Marathon Weekend Provisional Date 2-3 May 2021‘
- Select the event that you entered. It will show a cost, but you won’t be charged.
- Please make sure you complete all fields.
- No deferrals can take place after 31st July – no exceptions.
- Charity places belong to the charity and can not be deferred. Please contact the charity directly.
2. Transfers Between Distances:
You can transfer between the Marathon, Half Marathon, Turing 10K, and even the Rocket 5k.
- Transfers between events can be made up until 31st July at midnight
- You will need to log back into your registration to transfer between events
- You will be charged the cost difference between the desired distance’s fee and the fee that was paid at the time of the original registration (no refund if you transfer to a shorter distance)
- You can not transfer between events after 31st July as race packs will be printed and posted.
- Strictly no transfers on race day. No exceptions.
3. Transfer to another runner:
We allow transfers up until 31st July at midnight to try and stop unregulated number swapping. Number swapping can cause medical problems on race day and any runner to be found unlawfully swapping their number will be banned from all future races.
- Transfers for the Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10K can be made up until 31st July at midnight.
- After this time the numbers and envelopes will be printed and cannot be changed.
- You will need to log back into your registration to transfer your place to a new runner.
- Once the new runner has registered, signed the waiver, and paid the full entry price the original entrant will receive a refund minus the original booking fee.
- No transfers can take place after 31st July – no exceptions.
- Relay team entries should email the MK Marathon team for assistance.
4. Booking Protection:
You have the option to Protect your booking with Active Refund for a small fee when you register. This is an insurance policy with a 3rd party. You could receive a full refund of the purchase price and processing fee should you be unable to attend the event due to a specified reason, such as:
- Injury or illness
- Vehicle breakdown or theft
- Adverse weather resulting in travel warnings
- Work relocation
- And more
You will be able to select this option at the checkout stage. Active Refund is provided by Active, and you should contact them directly about your policy and how to claim and not the MK Marathon team. You can find the details here.