We’re looking for someone to join us in the role of Event Co-ordinator, providing key support for the planning and delivery of multiple running events.
THINK IT MIGHT BE THE PLACE FOR YOU? THIS IS THE JOB ON OFFER.
WHAT THE JOB INVOLVES
The successful applicant will be involved in the delivery of every element of our running events. You’ll be in the early stages of your events career, ambitious, with a keen interest in outdoor event operations and the desire to learn as much as you can.
Your varied responsibilities will include
- Supporting the Race Director with the project management and delivery of multiple running events
- Coordinating core event logistics, including suppliers, equipment, and route planning
- Volunteer management
- Schedule regular social media posts across all channels
- Updating websites
- Email campaigns
- Produce, update, and implement event plans
- Oversee the onsite delivery of the live event
- Identify opportunities to improve event efficiency, generate revenue and reduce costs
- Source, negotiate with, and contract suppliers
- Support with H&S, scenario planning & incident reporting
- Liaise with key stakeholders including clients, sponsors, charities and local authorities
- Produce event documentation
- Represent the organisation at events and shows
- Participant entry administration
It will help if you enjoy the following
- Planning and organising: setting objectives, planning, managing time, workload, resources, and monitoring progress.
- Creating and innovating: innovating as well as looking to make improvements and problem solving
- Working with people: communicating proactively, showing consideration, empathy, as well as developing and communicating self-knowledge and insight.
These skills will also be useful
- Previous experience of event administration or project management
- Good at maintaining relationships with key partners
- Highly organised and efficient
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and ideally Adobe applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SALARY: £20k to £22k per annum depending on experience
HOLIDAY: 28 days (inc. bank holidays, but excluding the Early May Bank Holiday) plus time off between Christmas and New Year
PENSION: employer contribution
FLEXIBLE HOURS: 9-5 pm with flexibility for early or late starts and home working
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
START DATE: 3rd January 2022
- 1 additional day off for every weekend day worked on an event
- Discounted event entry for friends and family
- Opportunity for training and development
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send an up-to-date CV and cover letter describing why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com. Please note all applications must be received by the Closing Date: 3rd December 2021
This role has a start date of 3rd January 2022
Please note that we are based in Milton Keynes and are looking for somebody who lives in Milton Keynes or the surrounding area so that we can have regular meetings.