We are returning next May with a contact-free, covid-secure event experience. We know how important races are to every runner and we are doing everything possible to make sure our event will be safe. The benefits of committing to a goal, running with others and that finish line feeling will be all the greater after the challenges we’ve experienced in 2020.
Our multi-award winning marathon event is consistently ranked in the top 10 UK marathons, an AIMS/IAAF Grade A certified race, with BARR Gold accreditation for outstanding race management and with an amazing stadium finish. A London and Boston marathon qualifying event as well as an England Masters qualifier.
The majority of the MK Marathon route is incredibly green and scenic. It includes beautiful parks and lakes, picturesque villages, and the canal towpath, and offers a truly spectacular experience for our runners. We will be making small changes in 2021 to reduce any impact on the hospital.
2021 RACE DETAILS
- Race Date: Bank Holiday Monday 3 May 2021
- Start Time: From 9:00 am with small and scheduled wave starts. We will notify you of your start slot in April.
- Start Location: Saxon Street
- Finish Location: Stadium finish
- Course Time Limit: 6.5 Hours
- Age: 18 years +
- Accurate chip timing
- Personalised running number
- Race Pack posted two weeks before the event
- Great bespoke medal
- Finishers technical T-Shirt
- Instant results (and runner tracking)
- Crowd support & entertainment en route
- Plentiful Course Support – Water, Sports Drink, and 1st Aid
- Fantastic Race Village Festival at the finish
- Goody bag
- Amazing stadium finish
- …and a fantastic running experience!
- EARLY: £44 EA and £46 non-EA until 14 October at midnight
- STANDARD: £46 EA and £48 non-EA until 31 December at midnight
- LATE: £48 EA and £50 non-EA until 31 March at midnight
- There will be no entry on the day.
License ID: 2020-38412
The MK Marathon starts from one of our fabulous Milton Keynes landmarks, the stadium MK. The first five miles are on wide roads and tree-lined boulevards, giving runners a chance to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy some enthusiastic spectator support.
The marathon route then continues through picturesque Woughton-on-the-Green and Woolstone parishes, where the half marathoners split from the full marathon course at mile seven.
The marathon runners continue through the original Milton Keynes Village, renowned for it’s picture-postcard thatched cottages, and then on to enjoy the beauty of Willen Lake and the tranquility of the Peace Pagoda before looping back to join the meandering and historic grand union canal. The route will then take in St Andrews, a 13 Century church, before passing the Bradwell Windmill, built-in 1810 at around mile 18.
The route continues west to Bancroft where it passes the remains of an ancient Roman Villa. Runners will then head south, following the brook, passing the famous Concrete Cows and then Bradwell Abbey, built in the 14th century.
The route follows the brook further south, through the fertile Loughton Valley Park, passing Lodge Lake and then Teardrop Lakes before heading back for a victory lap of the stadium pitch and that magical stadium finish!
Prizes will be posted after the event: mkmarathon.com/prizes
We will reveal our cool 2021 medal shortly! 🏅
Rightmove MK Marathon Weekend technical finisher t-shirts including ladies’ sizes. Designs to be revealed shortly!
Trees Not Tees
The MK Marathon supports Trees Not Tees. Simply tick the box next to the T-shirt sizing selection on the entry form which says, “I don’t need another T-shirt – please plant a tree for me instead”. We will then pay for a tree to be planted for you instead.
Earn Extra Medals
One weekend. Two days of running. Three times the bling!
Runners who participate in both the Rocket 5K on Sunday and the Half Marathon or Marathon on Bank Holiday Monday will receive a third medal –the MK Challenge Medal.