The MK Marathon Weekend complies with UK Athletics rules:
1. This race will be held under UK Athletics Rules.
2. I understand that I must be at least 18 years old on race day to run the Marathon, at least 17 years old on race day to run the Half Marathon, at least 17 years old on race day to run the Marathon Relay, at least 15 years old on race day to run the 10K, and at least 12 years old on race day to run the 5K. No age restriction for the Superhero Fun Run.
3. Participants must start the Event during an official start period.
4. Any participant uncertain of their physical ability to participate in the Event should seek medical advice from a GP before the Event.
5. No aids, such as skate rolling shoes, baby launchers, line blades, Nordic sticks, bicycles, or other non-official wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course.
6. Athletes must not be accompanied or paced by others on cycles.
7. Racing wheelchairs or any motorised wheelchairs are permitted however, you can take part in a rigid manual powered day chair.
8. No animals are allowed on the course.
9. All participants must write their names and details of any health or medication problems on the back of the race number, which must be unfolded, and should be visible on the front of the runner throughout the race.
10. You will not be given a medal or finishers T-shirt at the finish if you do not have a race number.
11. The Event reserves the right to refuse access to anyone who declares false information on their application form, not make the required payment, or otherwise fails to meet the stated entry requirements.
12. Participants participate on their own initiative and by entering you agree that no claims can be made against the Event organisers, and any party acting on its behalf.
13. All participants must wear a bib chip so that they can be included in the official results via chip timing.
14. By participating, all participants confirm that they are satisfied with their names and any photographs or photographs taken during their race involvement to be used to market the event.
15. All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information recorded on my race number or collected by medical staff may be stored during or after the Event) is stored, used, and disclosed by the Event Organisers in connection with the organisation and administration of the Event.
16. The Event Race Director reserves, at his absolute discretion, the right to modify, attach or omit all of the Official Rules.
17. Participants will be bound by any adjustment or annex of the Official Rules issued prior to the Event.
18. The use of bone conductor type headphones is acceptable, but NO OTHER types of headphones/earphones but these will be allowed. Anyone seen wearing headphones/earphones (excluding bone conductor headphones) will be asked to remove them and will be disqualified from the race. If you do wear bone conductor headphones then it is at your own risk.
19. Runners may transfer their place to another runner as outlined in the FAQs
20. Runners must run wearing their own race number. Any runner found to be wearing another person’s number will be disqualified.
21. Failure to follow these Official Rules can result in a ban and the loss of any prizes.
22. Your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act.
23. I understand the organisers reserve the right to delay, postpone, cancel, or not officially time the race in the event of adverse weather conditions or other events outside the organisers’ control. The determination of what constitutes this is reserved solely by the Event organizer.
24. No refunds under any circumstances.