A recent study by findarace.com names the Super Six Fastest marathons in the UK. We are very proud to say that MK came in 3rd, which is amazing news.
When standing on the start line of a marathon, we all have a target time in our head. No matter if you’re gunning for a sub-3 hours or looking to duck under 5, these Super Six courses that will give you the best chance of hitting your target and setting a new PB.
When looking for a fast marathon course, there are several things to look for:
- Flat-ish course, preferably not too exposed to the elements
- Big enough in terms of runners so you are with other runners of the same pace
- But not so big that there’s significant congestion for the first few miles
- Crowd support – city runs are great for this as it’s easy for spectators
- Choose a course that’s right for you – scenic, rural, busy etc
- Pace-makers so you can just focus on moving your legs.
3. Milton Keynes Marathon and Half Marathon
Already a fast course, but the organisers are working on a new flatter route for 2016 with less city centre loop backs and 60% less underpasses, making it much more interesting and NO hill at mile 24. So no excuses for 2016. Known as the ‘Green Marathon’, the route takes you on a scenic tour of 4,500 acres of woodlands, lakesides, parks and landscaped areas within the city boundary, before finishing inside Stadium MK.