The Marathon Relay takes place on the same day as the Milton Keynes Marathon event, pitting teams of four runners (adults only 17+) against each other, each competitor running a leg of approximately 10km.
The relay event is open to businesses, charities, clubs, or even groups of friends and is characterised by a strong element of friendly competition as teams compete to be seen as the fittest or the fastest. These titles represent not only an enviable PR title but also bragging rights that last for a full year.
This opportunity does not come around every day and is something not to be missed. Race bibs will need to be collected by the Team Captain on the morning of the race.
Team changes can be made up until 15th April at midnight. Please email us if you need us to cancel a team member to allow you to recruit someone else. You can then report any further team changes to the Relay HQ on race day. Team members can run in any order, but the team bibs must be used in sequences A, B, C then D.
- Race Day: Bank Holiday Monday 2nd May 2022
- Start Time: 10:00
- Start Location: Saxon Street, outside Stadium MK!
- Finish Location: Stadium MK
- Parking: Your team will receive one free relay team parking spaces approximately 10 minutes walk from the stadium complex.
- Course Time Limit: 7 Hours
- Age: Must be at least 17 years old on race day
- Race Packs: To be collected by the Team Captain on race day
- FAQ’s: Click Here
- Online Registration: Register
- Team entry Limit: 100
- License Number: 2022-42578
- 1st all Male Team (one award per team)
- 1st all Female Team (one award per team)
- 1st Mixed Team – at least 1 male or female (one award per team)
- Winning times will be based on gun time
- Awards will be presented on the Race Village main stage at 14:15
Please note all competition times will be based on your gun time.
Team Entry: You will nominate a Team Captain who organises the initial entry “Relay Team Captain” and payment of the team entry fee. They will need to create a password and give this to the other team members so they can register under “Relay Team Entrant”. Team members can transfer their place to another runner up until 15 April at midnight. Email us with details of the runner pulling out and we will cancel their place so that another runner can enter. If you enter more than one team then each team will need a different Team Captain and unique email address.
- EARLY: £120 until 31 December at midnight
- STANDARD: £130 until 31 March at midnight
- LATE: £140 until 15 April at midnight
- There will be no entry on the day.
You can see the course profiles here
Check out our amazing 10th Anniversary event medal! 🏅The 2022 medal will be revealed before the event.
Earn Extra Medals
One weekend. Multiple days of running. Extra bling!
Runners who participate in the Rocket 5K and either the Turing 10k, Half Marathon, Marathon Relay, or Marathon will receive the MK Challenge Medal.
Raise Money For Charity
In addition to the regular training that you will need to do to complete your leg of the relay event, we’re asking all our relay teams to raise some money for their favorite charity.
- Results 2012
- Results 2013
- Results 2014
- Results 2015
- Results 2016
- Results 2017
- Results 2018
- Results 2019
- Results 2020
- Results 2021
Winning Teams 2016: 1st place Milton Buzzards in 2:36:09 [ relay course record ], 2nd place Redway Running and 3rd place Team Grant Thornton.
- 2012 Winners: Motor Insurer’s Bureau – Team 5 – 3:25:01
- 2013 Winners: Network Rail ‘A Couple of Peanuts’ – 02:58:08
- 2014 Winners: Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors Team 1 – 3:37:45
- 2015 Winners: Team Redway Runners – 2:49:50
- 2016 Winners: Milton Buzzards – 2:36:09 [ relay course record ]
- 2017 Winners: SASSquatch – 2:53:20
- 2018 Winners: Kth Track Whippets – 2:56:27
- 2019 Winners: Norfolk N Chance – 2:45:11
- 2020 Winners: LFR Go Nuts – 2:38:13 [ 40k Reimagined race route ]
- 2021 Winners: WRR Lads Lads Lads – 2:20:19 [ 4 x 10k loops due to COVID ]
An excellent event that was brilliantly organised.
The family had plenty to do while they waited for me to plod over the finish line.
Cant wait to book next year.
This was my first marathon, and I absolutely loved it! Such a great atmosphere, amazing organisation, brilliant support, everything I needed to get me through it – and fantastic medals! Can’t praise the team highly enough – amazing work done by all!
This is one of my favourite marathons out there, it offers a unique course compared to your standard road marathon and seems to get better, year on year. It’s a lot of fun, and if you haven’t done it yet, you really should!
Great race, well organised, great support. Would run again next year and recommend to friends.
This was my first half marathon and it was amazing from start to finish, so very well organised and the support was outstanding. Added bonus finishing in the MK Dons stadium. Well done to all the organiseres and marshals they all did a brilliant job to make a weekend of running enjoyable .. will be signing up again next year .. love the t-shirt and the meda.
Doing a marathon is quite stressful in itself, but Milton Keynes was a great event – the fantastic organisation, ease of getting there, and quick, simple registration process on arrival took the stress out of this element so that I could focus my energies on running! I had a fantastic day – thank you.
The Rightmove Milton Keynes marathon is a lovely course through country parks, around lakes, through woodlands, and more.
The main thing to mention though is the support, which is absolutely tremendous around the whole course. Milton Keynes supporters are terrific and cover almost the whole course. It really does provide such a boost – and the bonus finish in the football stadium is terrific too. Highly recommend