The MK Marathon Relay is sponsored by BMI The Saxon Clinic.
The Marathon Relay runs alongside the Milton Keynes Marathon event, pitting teams of four runners (adults only 17+) against each other, each competitor running a leg of approximately 10k.
The relay event is open to businesses, charities, clubs or even groups of friends and is characterised by a strong element of friendly competition as teams compete to be seen as the fittest or the fastest. These titles represent not only an enviable PR title, but also bragging rights that last for a full year.
This opportunity does not come around every day and is something not to be missed. Teams either take it in turns to drive or nominate a team driver. Full instructions and maps will be sent to each team before race day. Each team is expected to move around the course in one vehicle either with a dedicated team driver or by sharing the driving.
Race Day: Sunday 3rd May 2020
Start time: With the full Marathon @ 10:00am
Prizes: Trophies for…
- 1st all Male Team (based on gun time)
- 1st all Female Team (based on gun time)
- 1st Mixed Team – at least 1 male or female (based on gun time)
Course Record: 4 x £100 prize fund for the fastest relay team who can beat the current course record.
Please note all competition times will be based on your Gun time and not your Chip time.
Running Number & Relay Baton
- Nothing is posted out for the Marathon Relay however you will receive full instructions by email before the event
- You will need to pick up your running number & relay baton in the Pre-Function Room in the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel which will open at 8am.
- We will provide safety pins.
- You will receive a full briefing at 9:15am on race day
- NUMBER PICKUP: Pre-Function Room, via Gate 5 or 7, StadiumMK, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK1 1ST
Team Entry: You will nominate a Team Captain who organises the initial entry “Relay Team Captain” and payment of the team entry fee. They will need to create a password and give this to the other team members so they can register under “Relay Team Entrant”. Team members can transfer their place to another runner up until 17/4/20. Changes after the deadline will need to be made on race day. If you enter more than one team then each team will need a different Team Captain and unique email address.
Read the 2019 Relay guide for information purposes [ HERE ]
- Hospitality area in the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel, Stadium MK
- Accurate chip timing (timing chip will be inside the team baton)
- Team name on running numbers
- Great bespoke medal for each team member
- Instant results (and runner tracking)
- Free parking close to the stadium (one per team)
- Crowd support & entertainment
- Plentiful Course Support – Water, Sports Drink, High5 Gels & 1st Aid
- Technical Finishers T-Shirt per runner
- …and a fantastic running experience!
- EARLY: £110 until 14th Oct; 11:59 pm
- STANDARD: £120 until 31st Dec; 11:59 pm
- LATE: £140 until 31st Mar; 11:59 pm
- runner number collection only
Licence ID: 2020-38412
BMI The Saxon Clinic is part of BMI Healthcare.
The Saxon Clinic is sponsoring the Marathon Relay for the 5th year running. “this great opportunity and we are really pleased to be able to continue to work with the MK Marathon team” said Natalie Wallace.
The Saxon Clinic is ideally positioned in Milton Keynes and provides treatment for both in and out patients with the highest of standards of care and cleanliness. We are now offering enhanced physiotherapy rehabilitation with the AlterG® Anti-gravity Treadmill®. For more information please call 01908 665533.
Find out more at: www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/hospitals/bmi-the-saxon-clinic
Relay Race Route
We’re blessed with a tremendous amount of natural beauty in Milton Keynes. We’re also lucky to have a world-class system of cycle paths. We do our best to take advantage of those factors to give our runners a course that’s interesting, inspiring, fun to run, fast and different from other marathons. The course will be the same as 2016
A Brilliant Day. The Banter between teams and relay points was lovely – Wendy McConnell
Great to have the opportunity to work as a team in a completely different way! Really lovely medal! – Nicky Saunders
Well organised and a fun, friendly event. The people of MK were fantastic coming out and cheering us on. And the sun was even shining too! – David Rees
Great experience – enjoyed running with friends. Great community support, interesting route, good support facilities, great atmosphere, and fun to finish in the stadium! – 2015
HOLY COW! The MK Marathon Relay medal is so cool! Get mooving and register now to bag some cool cow bling!
2019 Technical Finishers T-Shirt
Earn Extra Medals
One weekend. Two days of running. Three times the bling!
Runners who participate in both the Rocket 5K on Saturday and the Half, Marathon or Relay on Sunday will receive a third medal – the MK Challenge Medal.
Raise Money For Charity
In addition to the regular training that you will need to do to complete your leg of the relay event, we’re asking all our relay teams to raise some money for their favorite charity.
(select Relay under the distance tab and click ‘show results’)
Winning Teams 2016: 1st place Milton Buzzards in 2:36:09 [ new relay course record ], 2nd place Redway Running and 3rd place Team Grant Thornton.
- 2012 Winners: Motor Insurer’s Bureau – Team 5 – 3:25:01
- 2013 Winners: Network Rail ‘A Couple of Peanuts’ – 02:58:08
- 2014 Winners: Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors Team 1 – 3:37:45
- 2015 Winners: Team Redway Runners – 2:49:50
- 2016 Winners: Milton Buzzards – 2:36:09 [ new relay course record ]
- 2017 Winners: SASSquatch – 2:53:20
- 2018 Winners: Kth Track Whippets – 2:56:27
- 2019 Winners: Norfolk N Chance – 2:45:11